U.S. Fulbright Student Programs
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed study or research projects and for English Teaching Assistant Programs. During their grants, Fulbrighters will meet, work, live with and learn from the people of the host country. The program facilitates cultural exchange through direct interaction on an individual basis in the classroom, field, home, and in routine tasks, allowing the grantee to gain an appreciation of others’ viewpoints, beliefs and way-of-life. Through engagement in the community, Fulbrighters will interact with their hosts on a one-to-one basis in an atmosphere of openness, academic integrity, and intellectual freedom, thereby promoting mutual understanding.
There are a few things you should do to get started on your application.
1. Check Eligibility
Visit the Fulbright US Student Program page to confirm your eligibility and review suitable openings.
2. Contact OSU's Fulbright Adviser
Email Cara.Menasco@okstate.edu to inform OSU of your intent to submit an application or to get more information about what program is right for you.
3. Begin Your Application
Go to the Fulbright Application website to start your application.
The application process has two deadlines to keep in mind. The OSU Campus deadline is September 8, 2021. The national deadline is October 12, 2021.
The application is submitted online through the Fulbright application portal. Based upon the requirements of your selected program, application materials may include:
- Essays and statement of purpose
- 3 recommendation letters
- Language evaluation forms (if applicable)
- Host affiliation letters
- Portfolio pieces (if applicable)
- Campus Committee Evaluation forms
OSU Interview Process
You will complete your application by September 8, 2021 in order to take advantage of the OSU evaluation process. You will complete your application online, but will NOT submit your final application until after the Campus Interview process. The OSU Fulbright committee will evaluate your materials and make recommended changes to strengthen your application. This process will take place as follows.
- The Fulbright committee will evaluate your application materials and provide feedback for final revisions to your application.
- You will interview with the Fulbright committee consisting of 3-4 OSU Fulbright representatives.
- The OSU Fulbright committee will submit a Campus Committee Evaluation Form that will be uploaded with your final Fulbright application by October 12, 2021.