Skip to main content

Center for Global Learning

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu


Emergency Assistance

Gallagher Global Assistance can be reached from abroad with 24-hour access. Download the general information on this service below.


Before departure, please come to the OSU Study Abroad Office in 056 Student Union for an Emergency Assistance Label to attach to your passport or other item for use in an emergency while abroad. Also, print out the Gallagher Global Assistance OSU ID Card at the link below to carry with you while abroad.

Gallagher Global Assistance OSU ID Card


Because you will be personally reimbursed for expenses covered by this policy, you will submit your own claims for any qualified incident. It is critical that you save ALL original receipts for any expense you intend to claim. Reimbursement is not possible without original receipts. The following link will assist you in that process.


Claim Form

Additional Health & Safety Resources

U.S. Department of State, medical resources, personal travel insurance, etc. 

Additional Resources

Personal Travel Coverage


Many students pursue personal travel while abroad outside of the official study abroad program. While the OSU policy includes up to 14 days of personal deviation travel outside the official study abroad program, if you plan to conduct personal travel outside the scope of your official study abroad program while abroad OSU strongly encourages you to purchase your own personal travel insurance if you wish to have coverage during those trips.


While OSU does not endorse or require any specific personal travel insurance, students in the past have used these providers for personal travel:


Review period of coverage, exclusions and limitations and a summary of benefits.


OSU provides a mandatory insurance policy for all students and non-employee travelers with approved travel to ensure anyone traveling abroad through OSU meets all institutional requirements.

Back To Top
SVG directory not found.